News & Press Release
Response to COVID-19
In response to the widespread of COVID-19 in Japan and to ensure the safety of employees and related persons, Weathernews Inc. has set up a COVID-19 task force on January 27, 2020 to take the following measures.
Service for disaster prevention, sudden changes in weather conditions, and solutions to various social issues caused by the spread of the virus will continue to be provided to customers, while prioritizing the safety of employees and the prevention of infection.
Revisions and termination of these measures will be judged accordingly as conditions change.
All employees and related persons who work in Weathernews offices in Japan
- In general, remote work at home should be conducted in the regions and period for which the declaration of state of emergency is issued. In regions and period for which the declaration of state of emergency is not issued, remote work at home is recommended. If there is a need to go to the office for a task which cannot be handled from home, work schedule should be staggered. However, staff should work or rest at home if their body temperature is 37.5 degrees Celsius or higher.
- In principle, traveling overseas is prohibited. If anyone returns from an overseas location, they should work or stand by at home for 14 days.
- In principle, meetings or visits with customers and counterparties should be held via video conference.
- In principle, all events and seminars hosted by Weathernews shall be cancelled, however the task force shall decide for any cases that require discretion.
- New employees will refrain from coming to the office and participate in orientation and training via video conference.
- In principle, events where there is a large gathering of people should not be attended.
If an employee or related person is infected:
If there is a confirmed case within the company, Weathernews shall report to local authorities, identify the persons with close contact or who require monitoring of health, investigate the action history of the infected, as well as plan for the sanitization of the office building.
Appropriate measures will be taken to ensure and prioritize the safety of Weathernews employees and related persons, their families and others including the local community.
Weathernews asks its customers and related persons for their understanding and continued support in executing the above measures.
This is an update to a previous Press Release in Japanese published on February 28, 2020.